provide to us is used and kept secure by The Huddersfield Town Foundation. It applies whenever we collect your personal data (including when you use our website or other digital platforms), so please read it carefully.
Please note that our website and other digital platforms may contain links to third-party websites / digital platforms, which are provided for your convenience. We are only responsible for the privacy practices and security of our own digital platforms. We recommend that you check the privacy and security policies and procedures of each and every other website / digital platform that you visit.
The Huddersfield Town Foundation
Leeds Road Sports Complex
What type of information is collected from you?
The personal information we collect might include: your name; address; telephone number; email address; date of birth; gender; IP address, and information regarding what web pages are accessed and when.
If you are attending one of our activity sessions, we might collect special category information which may include details of: your ethnic origin; religion or belief; health and sexual orientation.
Fundraising & Events
If you seek to make a donation to The Huddersfield Town Foundation online, you will be directed to a third-party website where your card information will be collected by specialists in the secure online capture and processing of credit / debit card transactions.
Information we collect and what we use it for
In broad terms, we use your data for the following purposes:
- to administer and provide products and services you request or have expressed an interest in;
- to enable us to administer any competitions or other offers / promotions which you enter into;
- to communicate with you in the event that any products or services you have requested are unavailable;
- Where you have requested a product or service, to communicate with you about the same or related products or services;
- for record keeping purposes;
- to carry out profiling and data analysis so that we can improve the products and services we offer;
- to create an individual profile for you so that we can track your engagement with us, and understand and respect your preferences;
- to track your activity on our digital platforms;
- to personalise and improve your experience on our digital platforms;
- to personalise and / or tailor any communications that we may send you;
- for profiling purposes to enable us to personalise and / or tailor any marketing communications that you may consent to receive from us; and
- for fraud screening and prevention purposes
When you fill in one of our forms (whether online or offline) or otherwise expressly provide us with your personal information, we may collect and store any personal information that you provide to us and may use it to provide products and services you request from us, carry out profiling and data analysis and personalise and improve your experience on our digital platforms.
When you interact with our digital platforms, we may also automatically collect the following information about your visit. This is primarily to help us better understand how the public use our digital platforms to enable us to create better content and more relevant communications:
- how you have reached our digital platform and the internet protocol (IP) address you have used;
- your browser type, versions and plug-ins, and your operating system;
- your journey through our digital platform, including which links you click on and any searches you made, how long you stayed on a page, and other page interaction information;
- which videos you have watched and for how long;
- what content you like or share;
- which adverts you saw and responded to;
- which pop up or push messages you might have seen and responded to; and
- information collected in any forms you complete
We may also infer your country of location from the IP address you have used to access our digital platforms.
Updates, news and information (which we provide only with your consent)
We want you to be the first to know about The Huddersfield Town Foundation’s updates, news and information. If you haven’t already subscribed to receive this, you can subscribe via our website newsletter sign up.
You can unsubscribe at any time by writing to us at the address above or emailing Nicola.email@example.com.
Please note that if you don’t subscribe or if you unsubscribe, we will be unable to keep you informed of our updates, news and information.
Disclosure of your information
The Huddersfield Town Foundation controls the use of your data.
Any personal information that we collect relating to participation in our activity sessions is stored on our third-party Views database as built by Substance 2005 Limited and hosted using Rackspace based in Hayes, Middlesex.
Any personal information that we collect relating to fundraising and events in stored in protected spreadsheets.
The Huddersfield Town Foundation periodically shares information with the following partners for profiling and data analysis: Huddersfield Town Football Club; Premier League; Premier League Charitable Fund; Professional Footballer’s Association; The Football Association; Kirklees Active Leisure; Kirklees Council; Kirklees College; One Kirklees; Locala; West Riding County FA; Yorkshire Sport Foundation; National Literacy Trust; Disability Sport Yorkshire and Fantastic Media.
Huddersfield Town will not disclose your information to any other third party.
In common with many other website operators, we use standard technology called 'cookies' on our website. Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer's hard drive and they are used to record how you navigate this website on each visit.
Security of information
We take the security of your personal information seriously.
We have security procedures in place to protect our paper-based systems and computerised databases from loss and misuse, and only allow access to them when it is absolutely necessary to do so, and then under strict guidelines as to what use may be made of the personal information contained within them.
If you are under 18
If you are aged 17 or under‚ please get your parent / guardian's permission before providing us with your personal information.
More about your information - your rights
You may correct or update your personal information at any time by contacting us. We encourage you to promptly update your personal information if it changes.
We will securely retain your information for as long as is reasonably necessary and in accordance with applicable law. If you wish to submit a request that your data be deleted, please contact the Company Secretary at the Foundation at the above address.
You have the right to receive a copy of the personal information that we hold about you. Please write to us at the address above if you wish to exercise this right.
We aim to meet high standards and so our policies and procedures are constantly under review. Accordingly, we recommend that you check this page periodically in order to review the latest version.
Please contact the Company Secretary at the Foundation using the above address.