01 Mar Free Multi-sport Activity Sessions For Children
The Town Foundation is putting on special ‘Premier League Kicks’ multi-sport activities to try and encourage youngsters in Kirklees to get involved in sport.
Is your child interested in sport? Why not bring them to one of the Town Foundation’s free sessions at seven locations across the local area.
The multi-sport activities are available to both boys and girls aged between eight and 19 with the aim of engaging more youngsters with sport, whilst also building on life skills helping to improve confidence, self-esteem and ambition.
The sessions will include a number of different activities, including football, and will also involve an education workshop.
The fun, engaging and challenging sessions can be very rewarding for the youngsters, who may also be able to enter national competitions with the Town Foundation.
There are also opportunities to volunteer or help running the multi-sport activities, and, in the process, you could gain sports awards and qualifications. If you’re interested, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested? Here’s a list of the sessions that you could attend!
Leeds Road (HUB) / HD2 1YY
– Every Monday (6pm-8pm) – Starts on 5 March 2018 – Boys and Girls ahead between 8-13 years old
– Every Friday (6.30pm-8.30pm) – Starts on 9 March 2018 – Boys and Girls ahead between 14-19 years old
Birkby Boxing Academy / HD1 6HJ
– Every Monday (7.30pm-8.30pm) – Starts on 5 March 2018 – Girls Only aged between 8-19 years old
– Every Tuesday (7.30pm-9pm) – Starts on 6 March 2018 – Boys Only aged 14-19 years old
Deighton Sports Arena / HD2 1JP
– Every Tuesday (5pm-6pm) – Starts on 6 March 2018 – Boys and Girls ahead between 8-19 years old
St John Fishers (Batley) / WF13 4LL
– Every Wednesday (6pm-7pm) – Starts on 7 March 2018 – Boys and Girls ahead between 8-19 years old
Mirfield Community Centre / WF14 9SG
– Every Wednesday (5pm-7.30pm) – Sessions have already started – Boys and Girls ahead between 8-19 years old
Thornhill Community Academy / WF12 OHE
– Every Thursday (6pm-7pm) – Starts on 3 May 2018 – Boys and Girls ahead between 8-19 years old
Almondbury Sport Centre / HD5 8PQ
– Every Thursday (4.15pm-6.15pm) – Starts 22 March 2018 – Boys and Girls ahead between 8-19 years old
The Town Foundation is working on these session in tandem with the Premier League Kicks scheme, which has engaged over 250,000 young people with sports participation over the last 10 years.
The youth outreach programme began 10 years ago, with the aim to create safer, stronger and more respectful communities through the development of young people’s potential, whilst providing access to facilities, coaching and mentoring.
Why not follow the Town Foundation’s official Twitter account on @townfoundation.