09 Sep REVIEW FINDINGS OF STRATEGY DEVELOPMENT PROCESS’S FIRST PHASE!
After two months of consultation, the Huddersfield Town Foundation is delighted to share a summary of findings from the first phase of work as it develops its new strategy!
The official registered charity of Huddersfield Town has been working with Salmon Consulting to develop a new framework for the next three to five years.
Phase one has involved collecting information from a wide range of sources, 250 in total, both internal and external.
This includes Club and Foundation staff, external stakeholders and partners such as Kirklees Council, the Premier League Charitable Fund, English Football League Trust and Yorkshire Sport Foundation.
A community survey was also promoted to Town fans.
The research identified four key building blocks to follow moving forward:
● The power of football and sport
● The specific expertise of the Foundation
● Community need in Kirklees
● Funding and fundraising opportunities
Other main emerging themes from the research include:
● Vision and mission: The current vision and mission lack focus and clarity. The need for both emerged in almost every conversation with internal and external stakeholders.
● Goals and priorities: Stakeholders identified a broad range of potential goals for the Foundation. This included sport; poverty and social mobility; diversity, community cohesion and inclusion; health and mental health; young people; leading and supporting the local voluntary sector.
● Relationship to the club: A clear need was identified to use the strategy to clarify the relationship between the Club and the Foundation, both within the working structures but also for the wider community.
● A sustainable Foundation: Finance and funding, staff and culture, and communication were the main themes relating to the Foundation’s sustainability.
● Evaluation and Impact: Measuring, evaluating and communicating the Foundation’s impact was highlighted as a key consideration for the new strategy in order to raise the Foundation’s profile, support fundraising, celebrate the team and attract new partners.
The next step in the strategy development process will be to take the emerging themes and begin to clarify the vision, mission, goals and objectives of the Town Foundation. This will be led by key staff in the HTF alongside identified key stakeholders with relevant expertise in the target themes.
After being approved by the Board of Trustees, the Foundation intends to launch its new strategy late Autumn 2021.
Should you wish to look further into the findings or find out more about the strategy development process, please CLICK HERE.